Website The African Aviation and Aerospace University (AAAU)
The African Aviation and Aerospace University (AAAU), is the first Pan African University of Aviation, Aerospace and Environmental Science established to fill the gap in research and development of the aviation and aerospace industry as well as man-power shortages in Africa’s Aviation industry. AAAU is also developing a faculty for environmental sciences to provide research and graduates for our critical environmental challenges. AAAU launches this fall with BSc Programs in Aviation Business, Meteorology and Environmental Science. The African Aviation & Aerospace University (AAAU), Abuja is envisioned to be a citadel of excellence in the delivery of university education in Africa. It is planned to make an immediate positive impact in the spectrum of Nigerian universities, regionally and globally. The University represents the overlaying efforts of the Federal Ministry of Aviation to make meaningful contributions to the development of aviation industry through university education.
Vice-Chancellor at the African Aviation and Aerospace University, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Employment Type: Full Time
Vice-Chancellor at the African Aviation and Aerospace University (AAAU)
- The Federal Ministry of Aviation and Aerospace Development invites applications for the position of Vice-Chancellor for the African Aviation and Aerospace University.
- Interested candidates with a minimum of 25 years university teaching/ administrative experience are encouraged to apply.
- The Vice-Chancellor serves as the Chief Academic Administrator responsible for overseeing the overall management and strategic direction of the University.
- The Office collaborates with various Departments, Faculties and stakeholders to enhance academic programs, research initiatives and institutional goals.
- The Vice Chancellor plays a crucial role in fund-raising, building partnerships and representing the University in both national and international fora.
- Additionally, the Vice Chancellor shall work closely with the Chancellor, Governing Bodies and other key stakeholders to ensure the University’s continued growth and success.
- Strong leadership, academic vision and effective communication skills are essential to possess as a Vice-Chancellor.
Qualities and Qualifications
- University Professor for at least 10 years.
- High academic standing and reputation.
- Familiarity with complex managerial issues in a large University. Extensive experience in University Administration.
- Ability to command respect and loyalty from staff and students.
- Morally sound with unimpeachable probity and integrity.
- Experience as a Dean, Deputy Vice Chancellor or Head/Chief Executive of a renowned tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
- Membership of learned societies and honors/fellowship.
Conditions of Service
Remuneration and conditions of service are as applicable to the position of Vice Chancellor in Nigerian Public Universities or as determined by the Government.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit (electronically) a clear copy of their Application letter, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a clear Vision Statement for the University’s leadership to “The Registrar, African Aviation and Aerospace University, Abuja, Nigeria” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using “POST OF VICE CHANCELLOR, AAAU, ABUJA” as the subject of the mail.
- Please, include the names and addresses of three referees in the application with at least two attesting to academic, professional and managerial achievements.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com