Website CARE International
Warehouse Assistant at CARE International, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls. Equipped with the proper resources women and girls have the power to lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. In 2021, CARE worked in over 104 countries, reaching more than 90 million people through 1,300 projects. CARE currently works in Nigeria implementing Development and humanitarian relief assistance to affected populations. CARE Nigeria’s thematic areas include Food Nutrition Security and Livelihood, Women Economic Empowerment, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, and Gender-based Violence and Protection activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Locations: Ngala & Rann, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Vacancy Type: National
Reporting to: Warehouse Coordinator
Warehouse Assistant at CARE International
- The Warehouse Assistant will be based in Ngala / Rann LGA of Borno state and is responsible for reporting & monitoring field activities, report using the developed and planned tool to monitor the usage levels of storage, managing warehouse facilities, reviewing the quality and efficiency of warehouse storage and layout plans, and ensuring that all stock materials issued to staff are recorded. He/she will monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies as well as report on irregularities to his/her supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Tasks related to Warehousing:
- Receive and release supplies based on received authorizing documentation. Verify quantities and quality (including packing) according to goods receipt document, packing lists, waybills, pre-delivery inspection reports or purchase orders and report discrepancies if any
- Complete the Dispatch notification Tracker and CRT as per needed
- Take responsibility of entering the OSS data as per needed
- Ensure that all stored materials are clearly marked with stock bins with waybill references and quantities per pallet/section & stored in a safe & appropriate manner.
- Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance, and systematic arrangement of stock
- Monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies and report on irregularities, if any, in relation to storage, receipt or dispatch & security of the warehouse
- Maintain records and ensure appropriate filing for all documentation related to movements in and out as well as monthly warehouse stocktaking reports
- Perform weekly physical inventory checks, provide monthly stock reports and data on receipts/releases, and immediately report on any variance
- Assist in regular/random physical stock taking in the warehouse.
- In coordination with the supervisor, handle administrative issues related to safety and maintenance of the warehouse. Liaise with the WH management on organizational issues, agreements signatures, etc.
- Maintain and suggest improvements of the current security systems to ensure the highest possible level of security.
- Arrange cleaning of the warehouse.
- Perform any other logistics task as requested by the supervisor.
Capacity Building and Coaching:
- Assist in organizing and conducting food handling trainings for CARE MSU loaders, Cleaners, and guards
- Undertake field travels to the other field locations to support warehouse activities when need be
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills
Coordination and Representation:
- Participate in logistics cluster meetings at the field level and share findings.
- Work integrating with CARE warehouse, finance, procurement, and admin/HR staff to process Purchase Requests, and Payments
- Represent the CARE on coordination meetings at different level like LGA, community and wards.
- Build very good team sprit with CARE program and supporting staffs at field, at office
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop CARE programs.
Qualifications (Know How)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience relevant to the field
- Experiences working in the field, in both development and emergency response, understanding the operational aspects of local, state, and national level of logistics in complex conflict environments
- Experience in delivering trainings and debriefings
- 2 – 3 years progressively responsible experience in procurement, store keeping and supply chain of INGO and/or directly related area
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- In-depth knowledge of protection and protection mainstreaming tools
- In-depth knowledge about international standards and policies, especially those centered around food-insecurity
- Knowledge of CARE/WFPs protection and AAP policy desirable
- Understanding of procedures and policies of the U.N. system is a plus
- Previous experience working with an INGO ora Development organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust, and open communication.
- Ability to ensure effective teamwork, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- 100% Field-based.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested jobseekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, colour, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit carenigeria.seamlesshiring.com.