MTNF / MUSON Music Scholars Programme 2021 / 2022 is out. Eligible candidates should see scholarship details to Apply. Click for more Scholarships
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with MTN Foundation announces the call for entry for the sixteenth set of the MTN / MUSON Diploma Course in Music for the 2021 / 2022 academic year.
Applications are invited for:
Title: MTN / MUSON Music Scholars Programme 2021 / 2022
MTNF / MUSON Music Scholars Programme 2021 / 2022
The examinations will take place from September 6 – 8, 2021 and will consist of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standards before a faculty or jury.
- An oral interview.
Applicants for the MTN / MUSON Diploma Course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
- Practical: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- Theory: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2021.
Method of Application
Letters of application together with copies of certificates, two (2) recent (within the last 6 months) passport photographs, and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail address should be sent to:
MUSON School of Music,
8/9 Marina, Onikan,
- Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements
- Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty / Jury may be considered for admission but must enrol in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.