Jobs at The Alliance for International Medical Action, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more NGO/International Jobs
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Jobs at The Alliance for International Medical Action
Job Title: Administration Manager – M / F – Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Contract term: Contract under French law, 6 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Protection of Beneficiaries and Community Members:
- The incumbent is responsible for the application of the recruitment process and may be required to make field visits. He / She may therefore be in contact with children and / or vulnerable adults.
- Therefore, the criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good moral character will be necessary. In situations where it is impossible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good moral character, a declaration of honor will be requested.
- In Nigeria, ALIMA is running four health and nutrition projects in Borno State (Maiduguri), Yobe state, Katsina state, Research and Lassa fever response in Ondo State, OWO. ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent about 20 expatriates and 200 national staff.
Mission and Objectives
- The Administration Manager is in charge of the program’s administration, finance and Human resources. Together with the Program Managers, he/she is responsible for expenditure and compiles the budget tracking reports for each program. He/she also manages cash flow.
- He/ She is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and ALIMA commitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, etc.) and ALIMA.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator, analyse and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action.
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homere and SAGA monthly closure, SitReps, etc.).
Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources.
- Perfect Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere (HR software).
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Finance & HR management or in the same position.
- Experience with ALIMA or other Medical INGOs.
- Desirable working experience in developing countries.
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented.
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset.
Depending on experience + per diem.
ALIMA Pays For:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your CV & Cover Letter in PDF by clicking the link above.
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.
Job Title: Assistant Medical Coordinator
Location: Abuja (FCT) / Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to (Technical): Medical Coordinator
Report to (Functional): Medical Coordinator
- Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Country Medical Coordinator, the Assistant Medical Coordinator “AMC” will support the nutrition, health, protection and mental teams in designing, implementing and supervising all activities in a different state in Nigeria like Borno State (Jere, Maiduguri Lgas), Yobe State ( Karasuwa, Yusufari, Damaturu LGAs’,..), Katsina State ( Kaita LGA,…), Ondo State (Owo LGA…).
- The AMC in the absence of the Medical Coordinator will represent ALIMA in all relevant coordination meetings at the Country or state level and provide the required technical support to field teams in ensuring that all activities are being carried out in accordance with the donor and Ministry of Health policy guidelines.
- The AMC in close coordination with the Medical Coordinator will work closely with partner organizations like UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, etc.
- Fully assumes the medical coordinator responsibilities in case of absence including communication within the Capital/Maiduguri Management Team and with the Medical Department.
- Contribute to the good relationship with MOH and Ministry of health representatives and other ministries when needed.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing new project proposals and concept notes in close collaboration with the relevant heads of head health programs and project coordinators
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing donor and organizational reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) by ensuring that the information by the field team is accurate and complete
- Analyse the health management information system (HMIS) data monthly and assist the data manager and relevant field team members in correcting possible shortfalls and errors.
- Analyse achievements against pre-set targets (monthly, quarterly and annual) and come up with corrective measures and action plans for improvement
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in conducting quarterly program review meetings in the different projects to assess achievements, budget expenditure and challenges and come up with action plans for improvements in close coordination with relevant heads of health programs
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Participate in the different proposer or concept notes done at the coordination level
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Must regularly visit the field to assess the quality of the programs and their management, data collection procedures, availability of standard treatment protocols, presence of essential medicines and supplies and infection prevention (IP) materials in health facilities.
- Provide on the job training to the health facility staff and relevant health team members
- Ensure the quality of data from the project, verification and coding if necessary; also give feedback to the medical coordinator.
- Participate in the research of information on the epidemic situation in Nigeria
Representation / Coordination:
- In the absence of the Medical Coordinator, AMC will attend all health, nutrition, and emergency sectors coordination meetings at State Health Ministry, UNICEF, UNFPA and WHO
- Will maintain close working relationships with concerned project coordinators, medical referents, medical response and other technical team members in Borno, Yobe, Katsina, Ondo state respectively in our area project (Maiduguri, Jere, Damaturu, Karasuwa, Yusufari, Kaita and Owo LGAs).
Procurement and Supplies:
- Analyse the medicine consumption report of each health facility monthly to ensure availability and optimal use of medicines and keep the Medical Coordinator updated about the availability of medicines in each health facility.
- Participate in the process of international or national order according to the task will be given by the Medical Coordinator.
- Participate in the orientation of the field team members on National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) policy guidelines
Health System (Emergency Evacuation, etc):
- Update the Medical Coordinator about any referral requests from the field to ensure that the medical evacuation guideline is followed and participate in the different evacuation if needed.
- Participate in the redaction of health policy if needed
- Ensure that all ALIMA’ staff is respect ALIMA’s Health policy
- Participate in the briefing of the different staff (health policy, etc)
- Support Covax Focal Point (CFP) during the vaccination of Covid-19 and be the 1st contact with the CFP
- Analyse Covax activity according to our objective and give feedback to the medical coordinator
- Can participate in different exploration can be done by the mission or in the implementation of new activity/project
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the Medical Department or Head of the mission.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Essential Degree in Medicine (Doctor) is mandatory
- Public Health will be an asset
- Essential 3 years’ experience in midwifery practice and maternity management in hospital
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Essential 5 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in ALIMA or other Medical NGO’s in developing countries.
- Have at least 3 years practice experience in the management of Nutrition, Health and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Have experience of working in difficult/insecurity area
- Strategic vision
- People Management
- Teamwork, flexible
- Knowledge of management of pharmacy
- Training skills
- Well organized and good negotiation and communication skill
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: Fluency in English, (written and spoken) is mandatory and Kanuri, Hausa and Fulbe are assets.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Owo, Ondo
Contract Duration: 4 months, renewable
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Recruiting Manager: Project Coordinator and Pharmacy Manager
- In compliance with ALIMA standard practices and protocols, ensure Good Hospital Pharmacy Distribution Practices including: storage; supply; distribution; rational use of drugs, to ensure its effectiveness and operational availability.
- Improve the medical supply in the project
- Guarantee patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational drug use
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
Ordering and reception of the commands:
- Prepare the commands in collaboration with the Project Coordinator, according to the chronogram and the procedure defined.
- Ensure the reception of the orders;
- In the collaboration with the logistic, check that the number of boxes matches with the numbers recorder in the Freight Manifest or Packing list.
- Check that the content matches with the packing list.
- Report the discrepancy and establish the claim.
- Send the packing list copy with the project remarks to the coordination.
- Follow up the back order, with the Pharmacy coordination.
Distribution in the different project end user:
- In collaboration with the medical team define the project order plan, and ensure the compliance of the plan.
- In collaboration with the medical team define a clear line of communication.
- Ensure that the procedures are followed during the order preparation in End Users (good document, good evaluation of needs, signature ….).
- Ensure the preparation and procurement are done in time, at the pharmacy level.
- Ensure the respect of the procedure regarding the controlled drugs distribution.
Storage and lay out:
- Accountable of the warehouse security.
- Ensure that the cleaning plan is followed.
- Ensure that the ALIMA standard in term of storage and lay out of the drugs and medical equipment is in place and respected (Family, alphabetic order, administration road, FEFO/FIFO, labels, reserves).
- Ensure the specific storage of the controlled drugs.
- Ensure the specific storage of the expiry drugs.
- Ensure the specific storage of the EPREP (Emergency Preparation).
- Ensure that the IN and OUT’s movements are recorded in the stock card no later than 24h after movement.
- Record the IN and OUT’s movements in ISYSTOCK no later than 1 week after the movement.
- Define the inventory plan in relation with the order plan, and ensure that the plan is respected.
- Analyze the discrepancy and provide Inventory analysis report.
- Analyze every end of month the indicators: rupture, pre rupture pre expiry drug, sleeping stock, over stock and propose the solution to avoid the gap in the quality of care.
- Analyze at the end of every month the pre expiry drugs, sleeping stock and over stock (>4 month) and propose the solution to avoid the loss.
- Ensure at the end of every month that the expiry drug is removed of the stock, and the register is correctly complete.
- Ensure the constant maintenance of Register of psychotropic drugs and narcotics.
- Elaborate the monthly consumption report of the controlled drugs.
- Monitor the stock status and give alert in case of risk of pre rupture, and over consumption.
- Identify the needs and problems encountered and propose the CAPA (corrective actions and preventive actions).
- Ensure the specific management of the EPREP stock (inventory/ year if no movement, systematic replacement if consumption).
- Define the schedule for updating the different kind of medical kit (house, Emergency kit etc..) and ensure the respect’s.
- Ensure the Good archiving and visibility of the documents according the standard of the management tools.
- Stay properly informed about national import regulations and any possible change in procedures.
- Know the national standards of destruction of perishable medical articles and advocate for compliance with international standards.
- Participate with the coordination pharma to the update of the management tools.
- Elaborate the monthly report.
- Ensure the Capitalization of the activity if closed.
- Ensure the bi annual report of the project indicators.
Specific management of the cold chain:
- Ensure the good storage according with the standard
- Display the content on the Fridge gate
- Follow up with the logistic the good maintenance of the fridge
- Ensure recording of the temperature at hottest and colder hours of the day
- Download the logtag every end of month and interpret the data’s
- Inform immediately the Project coordinator in case of break down and do a claim
- Define in collaboration with the project team the contingency plan in case of break down and ensure his implementation
- Maintain the T between 2-8 c during the inventory
- Ensure the strict respect of the packaging procedure for the transport in passive cold chain
- Read the logtag in the keep cold during the reception and share the result with the Project Coordinator and the pharmacy coordination
Management of the end user:
- Provide technical support of the End User in the following
- Good condition of storage: hygiene, access, safe, FEFO / FIFO, label,
- Good storage condition of cold chain: passive or active
- Good storage of the controlled drugs
- Update each 6 months with the medical team the standard list of each unit, according with the standard ALIMA list and the national list
- Implement, supervise the good pharmacy practice and propose the CAPA, on the following:
- Good diagnostic, good drugs, good dosage
- Safe medication practice in the clinic area: dispensing in the clinic, safe use of injectable medicines,
- Good dispensing practice: hygiene, good comprehension, good adherence, good compliance,
- Management of the controlled drugs
- Organize every 6 months the satisfaction patient inquiry
- Analyze every 4 months in collaboration with the Project Coordinator ALIMA the prescription and patient’s files, to check the rational drugs use
- Supervise the patients return drugs
- Identify the need of training.
- Ensure regular Communication and sharing the information in all the aspect regarding the pharmacy in the project
- Implement the weekly meeting to improve the communication and the sharing of essential information for the operations
- Identify the need of training, Train the staff in charge of the management of pharmacies.
- Ensure updating the job profile if necessary.
- Ensure the Evaluation of the pharmacy staff.
- Participate in the medical meeting.
- Meet with the other partner in the project if necessary.
- Ensure the regular and good communication with the other departments.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Degree.
- At least 2 year in a similar position.
- English is a must and local language (Yoruba and Hausa) would be an asset.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously, excellent organizational skills, flexibility, commitment, team work
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
- Owo, Ondo State.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter, CV with color picture and qualifications with contact details to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.