Website Management Sciences for Health
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Accountant II at the Management Sciences for Health, Interested and Qualified candidates should see the job details and Apply. Click for more Jobs at MSH
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant II
Job ID: R3400
Job type: Full-time
Accountant II at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Under the overall supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)-PMI, the Accountant will be responsible for assisting the state Senior Accountant/Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately the U.S. Government or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Accountant will be aware of, and adhere to, MSH’s Procurement Integrity standards in all activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash.
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher andentering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone).
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation and filing of forms for payments of taxes and social security.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed, and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Systems are in place to ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only and are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- Candidates should possess a University Degree or HND in Accounting / Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years’ experience or master’s degree with 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of US Government funded programs, regulations and requirements.
- Experience or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Experience with U.S. government projects helpful, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.