Website Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
Surge Ad hoc Support Intern – Laboratory Services at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi), Qualified Candidates should see job details and Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surge Ad hoc Support Intern – Laboratory Services
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Employment Type: Internship
Department: Prevention & Community Services
Surge Ad hoc Support Intern – Laboratory Services at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- The Laboratory Intern liaises with the State Laboratory Team and designated Facility Laboratory to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for the uptake of VL/EID services to meet 3rd 95 goals.
- S/he will provide direct bench support to strengthen the uptake of VL/ EID testing in the PCR lab, to ensure up to date reporting on testing and, equipment functionality and Commodity availability and usage.
- S/He will be responsible for updating the PCR laboratory’s operations trackers and collate data for plasma VL, DBS VL and EID samples received and tested at the laboratory, support preparation of daily report of samples received, results dispatched, and assay performed, support inventory management of laboratory consumables and reagents and updating the PCR bin cards.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 1 – 2 years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to PCR Lab.
- Certification of License to practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system such as Teaching Hospitals and NGOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday; 17th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCRJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
To apply for this job please visit ahnigeria.org .