Website United Nations World Food Programme
Business Transformation (Engagement) Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Transformation (Engagement) Officer
Requisition ID: 160161
Business Transformation (Engagement) Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme
- The job is found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders report to the Division/Regional/Country Director or the designate, and work under the functional supervision of the Director, Information Technology (IT).
- Job holders work independently across multiple business areas establishing and managing effective working relationships with business counterparts to align business and IT needs. They use their substantial technical knowledge and experience to gather and analyse business needs, provide advice and deliver solutions.
The World Food Programme has developed and is continuing to enhance and maintain a set of digital solutions to help in managing:
- The identities and entitlements of its beneficiaries,
- The operational parameters of the programmes that transfer benefits to them, and
- The assurances and insights to ensure related risks are properly managed.
- Under the overall responsibility of the lead Business Transformation Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting in the operationalization of SCOPE and Digital Advisory and Solutions Services (DASS) for WFP, Government and/or partners in the CO. This will include analyzing new requirements and functionalities for COs, testing and ensuring the new features respond to the programmatic needs.
Key Accountabilities (Not all-inclusive)
- Support the development of functional work plans, ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Continuously improve guidelines, processes and procedures of Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions.
- Build and nurture relationships with the business counterparts to understand and anticipate the direction of the business and ensure alignment of provider’s solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
- Participate in identifying business needs and propose well-researched ideas for new or improved systems, tools and processes that assist meeting WFP objectives.
- Manage business expectations in servicing business needs and oversee success of solutions, seeking ongoing opportunities to support or increase the business value from those solutions.
- Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by defining needs, modeling the business and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
- Communicate business objectives, requirements and process flows, to ensure common understanding and prioritization between stakeholders for their smooth implementation.
- Test and perform in-depth analysis of IT solutions to ensure they address business objectives, needs, requirements and process flows efficiently and effectively.
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, and risk identification to ensure the delivery of IT solutions into the business to agreed time, budget, scope and quality.
- Manage a team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
Other Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation and operations of SCOPE/DASS in the CO, ensuring involvement of all relevant stakeholder units at CO, RB and HQ as required;
- Engage with CO management and colleagues to support in identifying requirements and the operational design, budgeting, planning and deployment of technology solutions and systems to support SCOPE/DASS in their given contexts;
- Consolidate, analyze and report on CO’s SCOPE/DASS operational information;
- Capture, document and analyze (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) CO business requirements for DASS and either identify workable existing solutions or escalate to RB and follow up for potential consideration (e.g. change request);
- Test and analyze SCOPE/DASS solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy;
- Through the appropriate channels, support the efforts of technical teams on outstanding operational issues and changes relevant for the CO;
- Support COs to conduct appropriate IT assessments to assist management in making informed SCOPE/DASS-related operational decisions;
- Deploy as needed to COs to support on-ground testing, roll-out and/or operations of SCOPE/DASS as required;
- Identify learning needs and support capacity building initiatives for SCOPE/DASS and new related functionalities, aimed at building solid digital assistance expertise amongst cross-functional colleagues in the CO;
- Where relevant, support the CO in extending their operational support to Government , partners and other UN agencies for the use of WFP’s SCOPE/DASS;
- Support the management of change brought about by the use of technology in CO/Programme processes;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- SCOPE/DASS operational needs and requirements defined, and workable options developed for priority COs;
- SCOPE/DASS solutions tailored and developed to meet specific CO operational needs;
- SCOPE/DASS solutions implemented and fully leveraged to enable delivery of WFP assistance in a cost-efficient manner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, engineering or another relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
- At least eight years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian aid operations and/or business systems analysis, design, and development.
- Experience in client-facing roles in either technology implementation projects or in the planning, design, and implementation of humanitarian or development programmes.
- Experience in collaborating with different humanitarian actors or different service providers to design and decide on payment mechanisms and instruments, and capacity building to coordinate the delivery of assistance in humanitarian contexts.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in cash-based transfers (CBT) programming in humanitarian contexts; awareness of technologies used in the delivery of cash and vouchers in humanitarian contexts; and training and knowledge of business analysis and project management philosophies and methodologies would be an asset.
- Possession of a combination of broad business skills and IT experience including General management skills in business and public sector contexts;
- Business analysis including creation and review of functional and non-functional business requirements for IT solutions.
- Ability to operate in distributed/decentralized teams, engage with and support partners;
- Ability to perform under pressure, to multi-task, to navigate through multiple priorities and conflicting requests;
- Ability to work independently through appropriate personal initiative and regular follow-ups; Capacity to work in difficult and insecure environments;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and adapt communication styles to different situations and individuals;
- Collaborative hands-on team member and relationship-builder with a facilitative nature and strong business partnering skills towards colleagues and stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented; Ethics & Values; Client Orientation.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.