Website Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Latest Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Jobs, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more NGO Jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Latest Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Jobs
Job Title: Project Officer – Health System Strengthening
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award (ICHSSA) activity is a USAID/Nigeria program that seeks to reduce the impact of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) on orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). ICHSSA-4 seeks to ensure that OVCs are cared for and protected by their households, communities, local and state governments. ICHSSA has four lots and PHI is responding to Lot 4: ICHSSA 4: Adamawa, Bauchi, Taraba, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara. ICHSSA expects to attain the following results:
- Result 1: Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Result 2: Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Result 3: Local and State Governments deliver basic services and detect and respond to child rights violations
- Result 4: Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC sub-populations utilized
- As a member of the ICHSSA-4 project team, the Health Systems Strengthening Officer under the direct supervision of HSS Advisor will be responsible for the coordination of HSS component of ICHSA4 project in Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara.
- The incumbent in this role will support the implementation of interventions with the use of USAID/WHO Health Systems framework and Pro-Health International (PHI) approach to systems strengthening to facilitate changes required to embed and institutionalize OVC Case Management and Sustainability into the health and social systems at the state, LGAs and community levels.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Serve as a resource for up-to-date technical information on how OVC program can strengthen health systems including providing technical support to department of Local Government Health Services, LACA, local government social welfare unit and other key stakeholders at the community level.
- Support State and Local Government Social Welfare unit in its efforts to harmonize partner coordination and donor alignment.
- Support the project’s efforts towards the institutionalization of specific OVC interventions and integrated community case management.
- Provide technical support to Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara SACA, LGA Social Welfare Unit, Local Government Health Department in developing LGA capacity to coordinate community level OVC/HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and coordination of the OVC response at the States and LGAs level.
- Provide timely reports to CRS Nigeria and PHI ICHSSA-4 project on all activities conducted at the state and LGA levels, and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Responsible for the backstopping of ICHSSA-4 project CSO partner on the delivery of the community and health level services for the beneficiaries.
Required Languages: – English and Hausa Language required:
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time to the field locations.
- Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: This position is based in Sokoto State but covering Kebbi and Zamfara State and requires approximately 30% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work, or other health-related fields.
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- Minimum of four to six years’ experience in program management implementing international development activities in Nigeria, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/ Health activities under a USG-funded award in Nigeria.
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing integrated Community-based health and referral programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent English language Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated experience in supporting the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Child Protection and Adolescent challenges and policy for HIV Care for Children, and OVC Case Management, in addition to good knowledge of key actors in these fields.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully and to create linkages.
- Relevant track record of HIV/AIDS programming, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is preferred.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal – Deputy Chief of Party, Specialist, Technical Advisors, Operations staff
- External – ICHSSA-4 Director of Programs, ICHSSA-4 project team, local partners, project consultants, and other stakeholders, as relevant.
- CRS is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all people who interact with our work. We uphold the highest standards of safeguarding and expect all staff and partners to respect and protect the dignity and rights of everyone from any form of harm, abuse, harassment, or exploitation. All staff are required to follow CRS’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to complete mandatory safeguarding e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.