Website FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being. FINCA pioneered the "Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
Channels Support Officer (CSO) at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited, Qualified candidates should see the job details and Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Channels Support Officer (CSO)
Location: Owerri, Imo
Department: Digital Banking
Channels Support Officer (CSO) at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
About the Job
- The Channels Support Officer (CSO) shall report directly to the Head of Digital Banking and is responsible to provide support in the management of the Banks’s delivery channels products and services.
- The CSO shall work with branches to identify and on-board potential agents for the bank and through monitoring and support ensures that the banks overall goals and objectives in Delivery Channels products are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and report prospective agents to the bank through the Head of the Department and coordinate joint marketing activities and cross-sell alternative banking channels products.
- Conduct routine visit to agents to ensure smooth running on the agency banking.
- Analyze monthly reports to be updated with the overall status of all branches.
- Communicate specific instructions to branches and its subordinates for better working relationship with the agents’ operations.
- Provide on-the-spot education and trainings to the agents, showing good values and right conduct among the agents for better working relationships.
- Support agents to achieve best results in every month end in accordance to the goal of the bank.
- Support the implementation of the Agency Banking strategy in line with bank’s overall strategy including drawing and implementation of the Agent recruitment and training program as per agency banking annual work – plan.
- Attend to agents, internal and external customers’ queries and complaints in line with the customer service standards of the Bank.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure agent transaction systems and device are up and running all the time.
- Carry out business risk assessments and institute controls in place to mitigate the risks, monitor compliance and safe operations of the agents by carrying out periodic visits, in conjunction with risk and control department.
- Carry out back-office processing to ensure timely reconciliation of agents accounts and monitor/support both float and liquidity levels of Agents.
- Manage performance and productivity of both agents and line staff as per set performance targets.
- Ensure smooth operations and end – to – end processing of FINCA USSD, /debit card requests across all branches.
- Resolve all transaction issues across all electronic channels of the bank and escalate all other issues requiring higher-level support.
- Support the Head of Digital Banking in the timely rendition of statutory reports (routine/regulatory) and ensure the achievement of the overall goals and objectives of the Bank’s digital products and services.
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Banking in consonance with the Bank’s Operational Plan for Digital Products and Services, from initiation to commission.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 12 months or more experience in delivery channel support functions
- Fluency in English language; written and spoken. Ability to communicate in the local language (Igbo)
- Technologically savvy in bank’s delivery channels initiatives, products and services
- Flexible in adapting to changes that comes with institutional strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (especially oral) with good knowledge of call etiquette.
- Willingness to relocate and work at FINCA Nigerian location (Owerri, Imo State).
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Ability to translate business needs into value propositions mutually beneficial to customers
- Detail oriented with organizational and documentation skills
- Result oriented with the ability to work with a team.
- Strong Fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values; and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision.
- Candidate must particularly demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understand the need(s) of the business at every stage, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work.
- Availability to travel 70% of the time
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Analytical Skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with difficult issue.
- Communication Skill: Demonstrate excellent presentation, reporting and writing ability.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Time Management: Manages schedules and daily plans and exhibits punctuality
- Knowledgeable: Familiarity with banking practices, policies and procedure; Familiar with Anti-Money Laundering Act and other regulatory framework.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com