DevOps Engineer at 54Gene, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs at 54Gene
54gene is a health technology company centred on advancing the field of African genomics to unlock scientific discoveries as well as improve diagnostic and treatment outcomes within Africa and the global community.
Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine for Africans and the global population, by bridging the global health disparity gap.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Reports to: VP, Engineering
DevOps Engineer at 54Gene
Table of Contents
- We are looking for an Intermediate DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for managing the already existing cloud infrastructure while building new infrastructure.
- As such, the ideal candidate must have experience implementing solutions to complex problems in AWS, deployment of applications in a fast-paced environment, building scalable deployment pipelines, with experience in scripting for automating infrastructure provisioning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with application developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into a runtime environment quickly and reliably.
- Provide continuous delivery solutions in a cloud environment with the core suite of tools used to manage different cloud providers.
- Establish and employ continuous integration practices and tools such as GitLab
- Employ industry Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions
- Manage a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (Fargate, ECR, ACM, EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC)
- Manage integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development, or operations.
- 2+ more years of experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations is required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the use of configuration management automation tools such as Puppet (or other such tools) in creating continuous delivery systems.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Strong understanding of application development methodologies.
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies (Chef, Puppet).
- Scripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation.
- Experience optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Experience maintaining infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Possess a strong grasp of automation tools.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Experience working and managing large scale infrastructure is required.
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit 54gene.zohorecruit.com.