Website Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
Fashion Operations Production Officer at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client in the Fashion Industry urgently requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Operations Production Officer, RTW
Location: Wuse II, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Fashion Operations Production Officer at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
- Oversee tailors and other employees in the fashion manufacturing department
- Ensure that all outgoing products pass company standards and that the products meet customer satisfaction by maintaining quality at a reasonable cost
- Ensure that the product is always the best in the market in terms of durability, attractiveness, and affordability
- Oversee production and curtail unnecessary wastage
- Approve procurement/market shopping list for funding and procurement
- Assign designs to tailors in a task sheet with the prices of each outfit placed on each design
- Supervise each task sheet daily and ensure all processes for production are agreed upon based on tailors’ price list
- Document all challenges and comments for each outfit produced by each tailor in the task sheet
- Supervise the sample making
- Send in the sample for fitting, approval, correction, reproduction, and alterations
- Supervise the alterations
- Supervise the line production
- Liaise with the quality control officer and ensure quality control is carried out on each piece and the overall production batch
- Oversee finishing
- Recommend tailor timetable and work deliverables
- Manage tailors task sheet, provide feedback and calculate tailors’ tasks daily
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create mood boards to show to clients, negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours, and shapes
- Liaise closely with sales, buying, and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure items suit the customer, market, and price points
- Understand design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
- Visit trade shows and manufacturers to source, select and buy fabrics, trims, fastenings, and embellishments ·
- Adopt existing designs for mass production
- Prepare launch events to coincide with consumers buying patterns
- Work with models to try out your designs and also to wear them on the catwalk at fashion shows
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
- Decide on a theme for a collection
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) programs to create designs(Not compulsory)
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or a style for each garment or accessory
- Work with pattern makers or designers or team members to create prototype designs
- Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in fashion or trade shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising or a related Degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of fashion industry experience
- Must possess a full understanding of garment construction including pattern, fit, and sewing details
- Must have firm understanding of various fabric types and how each fabric type applies to different products
- Must be able to develop sourcing strategies based on the company’s demographic, buying capacity plans, and different product categories such as apparel and accessories
- Must have full understanding of social compliance standards for supply chains to minimize risk to the company
- Must have a strong capacity for multi-tasking, organization, working independently and time management.
- Must be able to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must know how to use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.