Website Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and is responsible for land warfare operations. It is governed by the Nigerian Army Council.
Nurses at the Nigerian Army, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers in the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Corps and Services: Medical Corps
Nurses at the Nigerian Army
- Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class) Lower Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories: Orthopaedic, Anaesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- All applicants for the NA Medical Corps are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by April 2024.
- Be medically, mentally, and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a First Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess a valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council or a valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess an NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only Post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to Post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendation by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with the ability to swim will have an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
- The DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission (DRC) may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
Other Service conditions include the following:
- The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
- Conversion to DRC is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is however based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the DSSC before they are granted commission into the NA.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be the date of enlistment.
- Medical Consultants on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
Application Closing Date
23rd February 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- Applications are to be made online FREE OF CHARGE.
- Click on the link above. When the page opens, click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification and Corps of choice.
- At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application.
- The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
- Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at assigned examination centres. Successful candidates would present their printed application forms (photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form etc) at the Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
- Caution: The general public is advised to disregard any online application portal opened before this publication.
- Notice: prospective applicants and the general public are to also watch out for subsequent jingles on television and radio stations after this publication.
- For further inquiries, please call 08179269294 or 08109959294 between 0800 -1800 hours (8am – 6pm) daily.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.army.mil.ng.