Website Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Ongoing recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Qualified candidates should apply. Click for more Jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Ongoing recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Job Requisition ID: R3476
Job type: Full time
Report to: Admin and Procurement Speacialist
- The Office Assistant will manage the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the state office.
- S/he will coordinate the MSH logistics support services provided to all technical program areas, and provide logistical support to all MSH projects in state by working with USAID and the GON to retrieve shipments from customs
- Maintaining inventory (supplies, items, equipment) and the required inventory records.
- Stocks, stores and warehouse management.
- Assets coding and inventory reporting.
- Safeguarding of assets/supplies.
- Assist with the Internal and external audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation on vehicles/logistics records.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required.
- Prepare waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver.
- Capacity building of team members.
- File incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- With direction from the PMI-S IT associate, assist in performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the Field Finance and Operations Manager).
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Travel to site offices whenever there is a need to and resolve issues independently as much as can be achieved.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time to various state offices.
- Ensure that systems are in place in-country to ensure that operations are managed, and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- High School Degree. University degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years related work experience with international organizations in Nigeria.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to work a switchboard.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Listening, Professionalism
- Customer Focus, Organization
- Informing Others
- Handles Pressure
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
Job Title: Regional Accountant
Job Requisition ID: R3489
Job type: Full-time
- Review and process payments accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Record transactions into financial system (QBO) accurately and timely.
- Conduct month and year-end accounting activities accurately and in compliance with MSH and Donor policies and procedures.
- Upload financial data accurately & timely on online payment platforms for onward approval and payment.
- Perform bank reconciliations and ensure that outstanding items are addressed.
- Ensure that financial data between QBO and Cost Point Financials is reconciled weekly/monthly.
- Ensure accuracy and Completeness of Employee, Vendor, contractor setup details in countries to support effortless quarterly CSI/Fed Checks.
- Perform monthly reconciliation between QBO and CP Trial balances and flag exceptions and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain regular and robust filing of all country offices Bank accounts details on SharePoint.
- Send monthly notification to Country office (CO) for submission of Monthly fund request
- Support Bank Account signatories amendment (removal and addition) of CO banking operations
- Collate, review and submit Country office monthly fund request to HQ treasury for fund transfer to COs
- Maintain the CO Fund Request Smart Sheet Tracker by ensuring correct bank account information and sending notifications to COs
- Review and analyze country cash position to ensure compliance with stipulated MSH KPI Benchmark and advise on necessary adjustment to monthly fund request
- Provide timely troubleshooting support to QBO and CP users in country offices.
- Carry out monthly close of QBO companies after monthly account submission
- Conduct routine spot check of QuickBooks transactions and provide feedback to Country offices
- Performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Maintain the Global Service Unit (GSU) service desk platform ensuring that there is timely and quality response to users.
- Organize and facilitate Country Office capacity building and onboarding activities to ensure there is transfer of skills to Country Finance and Accounting staff
- Support the facilitation of training session on MSH policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of Statutory and termination benefits across MSH offices in accordance with local laws and MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all timesheet recording and reporting are in alignment with the MSH policies and procedures, as well as Donor requirements and local country laws.
- Conduct routine spot checks and control checks throughout the period.
- Ensure that all finance and accounting operations are in alignment with the vision and direction of MSH, Donor requirements and local country laws
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting or related field. Professional Accounting Qualification (Completed or in progress)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an accounting related role in a similar work or organization. Experience working in a multicultural context is a plus.
- Prior work experience with U. S. Government and non-USG, foundations, or other donors.
- Experience in the use of accounting software/ERP e.g., QuickBooks, Cost Point
- Good account reconciliation skills, including bank accounts, advance accounts and payroll related liability accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyse balance sheet and expense account transactions and post required adjusting/allocation journal entries. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), word processing. Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management and must be able to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: State Coordinator
Job Requisition ID: R3485
Job type: Full-time
Report to: Task Order Three Directors
- Take responsibility for all Task Order 03 requirements for planning and reporting on state-level activities.
- Provides overall leadership and management of the PMI-S supported state malaria program including leading the development of an integrated malaria plan for the State.
- Lead operationalization of the PMI-S state malaria plan.
- Liaise and network with relevant malaria partners and stakeholders in the state to strengthen coordination, integration and resourcing of activities and promotion of a shared vision for malaria elimination in the state.
- Interacts and communicates on behalf of PMI-S to key stakeholders in the malaria partnership and government counterparts at state level
- Leads and provides oversight to quality assurance of state level implementation
- Contribute to establishment of a system for project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in collaboration with the Senior M&E Advisor that includes periodic analyses and review for evidence-based decision-making and program management.
- Take responsibility for management of the state malaria budget and all other resources under the direction of State Team Director
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Project Senior Management Team informed of state activities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, or another related field.
- Seven (7+) years of related experience is required. Experience in international public health highly preferred.
- Demonstrated a minimum of five years progressive experience in public health and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff.
- Extensive knowledge of a highly technical field, as well as applicable laws, regulations, and general instructions. A highly qualified and recognized expert in the field.
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong technical leadership, health program and financial management background, ability to negotiate, collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders in context of complex and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated management capacity in malaria programs with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical, supervisory in-service delivery and team-buildings skills; and,
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the terrain will be an added advantage.
- Experience with USAID/PMIS funded programs is preferred.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2023 (Midnight WAT)
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.