Website Omnipresent Group
Payroll Specialist (Remote) at Omnipresent Group, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Remote Jobs
Omnipresent Group – Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, Omni platform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 150 people is located in more than 35 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals. At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
Payroll Specialist (Remote) at Omnipresent Group
Table of Contents
About the Job
- Building and running the infrastructure that allows people to be employed anywhere in the World is operationally complex – the whole reason Omnipresent exists. With so many companies transitioning to remote work, what we offer is more relevant than ever, we believe that remote work is making every company a multinational.
- We’re building a suite of products to help companies operate in this new world taking away the bureaucracy, cost and complexity of working globally. Our core product is growing fast and we’re now gearing up to launch additional products to serve a wider range of customer problems.
- Omnipresent makes remote teams work, and in turn we are globally remote and open to applications from anywhere in the world. Our team today spans around 30 countries.
- Putting values first, you’ll support the building of the payroll product as we grow, delivering both an employee and customer experience second-to-none, driving service delivery excellence while leveraging lean processes and technology in ensuring continued delivery of world class outcomes.
- You are naturally curious. You take initiative. You communicate well. You drive projects independently, and report up clearly to the management team.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in international payroll (EOR and/or PEO experience is highly advantageous).
- You have an in-depth awareness of the data points required to complete accurate payroll globally.
- You have experience in automation.
- The key thing here is that we are a Series A rapidly growing startup where the Payroll function is still taking shape.
- You’ll work closely with the rest of the payroll team to help build a best-in-class payroll function.
Some of Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Working the rest of the team to ensure complete and accurate payroll for all Omnipresent and client employees globally.
- Liaising with service providers and in-country partners in a range of countries as and when required to ensure the accuracy of all payrolls.
- Ensuring accurate customer invoicing following finalised payroll calculations in line with our business model.
- Challenge the status quo of all things payroll at Omnipresent to ensure efficiency and scalability.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes – including administration – Propose solutions to improve these programs and execute on proposals. If it doesn’t help us achieve our mission then should you be adding it to the payroll roadmap?
- Support sales calls directly and provide expert knowledge to our sales teams to enable them to sell our products and respond rapidly to client questions.
- Coordinating with external stakeholders such as client managers and client employees, as well as internal stakeholders such as internal People team, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Benefits, Legal and Compliance.
You’ve Done Some of These Things:
- Worked in an Employer of Record and/or Professional Employer Organisation environment.
- Had experience of implementing global payroll solutions.
- Had experience of managing payroll in multiple countries and appreciate the challenges associated with this.
- Ideally worked in a high growth organisation and understand the challenges that come with that.
- Worked with management to embed a culture focussed on growth, testing, and reaching our commercial objectives through a focus on simple and brilliant user experience and small iterations.
You Are the Sort of Person That
- Loves to solve complex payroll issues.
- Takes a Product approach to payroll.
- Can design, develop and implement innovative solutions to real People problems.
- Has the ability to communicate financial information to non-finance stakeholders.
- Can deal with a super fast pace, lots of ambiguity, and the need to build processes from the ground up.
- Is comfortable with thinking big but starting small, getting feedback from relevant people and knowing the best way to test whether something is working.
- Uses data to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans.
- Believes in culture as a competitive advantage.
- Is empathetic and people-centric whilst also being highly commercial.
- International Payroll qualification (nice to have)
- 5+ years’ experience in multi-country payroll
- Solid experience delivering and communicating payroll initiatives
- Startup Experience (nice to have)
- Understanding of the Product Owner function (nice to have) in relation to the Agile delivery process, operational excellence, and Product development.
- Experience with continuous improvement and structured processes, a systems thinker with the ability to discover improvement opportunities and address these through process improvement and technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Project coordination/management, ability to take ownership of projects with rapidly shifting priorities, managing them through to completion with patience, flexibility, structure, and passion with a proven track record for driving initiatives to closure.
- Critical thinking skills with an entrepreneurial and proactive mind-set, focusing on finding pragmatic solutions, not just identifying problems.
- Strong team-working skills, helping others achieve results, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Confident working independently and taking the initiative to move work items and projects towards completion
- Communicates proactively and positively, competent & comfortable with reporting, metrics, and numerical analysis
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
What’s in it For You (Apart From the Most Fun and Challenging Ride of Your Life!):
- Huge development opportunities – you will be joining an early team in a young and rapidly growing company
- Training and coaching and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression
- Shared ownership – Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure – we give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats – we are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working – work from anywhere in the world – we don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done – we are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.