Website General Electric Company
Principal Engineer at General Electric Company (GE), Qualified candidates should see the job details and Apply. Click for more Jobs at GE
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Engineer
Job ID: R3590590
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Level: Senior Career
Department: GE Gas Power Gas
Job Description Summary
- Engineers providing consulting services to internal/external energy clients resulting in sales revenue Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working.
- Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities.
- There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into / execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve the outcomes required. This role can be located in South Africa OR Nigeria OR Cote d’Ivoire OR Ghana.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- This position is for a Principal Consultant – specialized in Power System Analysis and Planning with emphasis on Renewables.
The desired Consultant will be involved in:
- Technical advisory services for projects under development, construction and operation which may include but not limited to technical due diligences, electrical network modelling and study, assessment of electrical system operation performances and project management.
- Technical analysis and performance assessment of Renewable Energies
- Identify and execute high quality power energy solutions
- Review customer specifications and support customers in selection of grid connections and storage solution for the application.
- Support GE business initiatives related to the systems equipment and services of the business, and provide advisory services to our industry
- Perform power system analysis including: modeling, simulation, and evaluation of design alternatives
- Lead the development/refinement of tools and techniques for power system simulation.
- Identify and cultivate new customers and business opportunities. Develop projects with customers; manage contracts to ensure technical, schedule and cost objectives are met; actively participate in identifying and cultivating new customers and business opportunities; lead preparation of proposals; and make customer presentations
- Actively participate in strategic planning and development of GE product/service offerings and support New Product/Technology Introductions concurrent with GE business needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, effectively communicate results to both internal and external customers by preparing written detailed and summary reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and customer value propositions
- Provide mentoring and help develop/train less experienced staff in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are highly valued.
- Actively participate in Industry forums to promote GE solutions and technology
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical, Mechanical, or Electric Power Engineering.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in engineering, electric system simulation and analysis, project management or a related function
- Proficiency in key software analytical tools, e.g. PSS/E, PowerFactory, EMTP/ATP, PSCAD, PSLF, PVsyst, MATLAB, Python
- Must be able to run these tools focused on interconnecting invertor-based technology to the grid.
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 20% of the time, as required.
- Languages: must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails in English. Knowledge of other languages is preferred.
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical or Electric Power Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of conventional power systems and equipment operation: generation, transmission, distribution and industrial
- Solid knowledge of of Wind or Solar PV projects, equipment and sensors including modules, inverters, trackers, BoP, solar stations and other components of the plant.
- Experience may also include a working knowledge of Renewables related regulations, codes and standards (IEC and other relevant certifications in the Renewables industry)
- Experience in power system operation and analysis: steady state load flow studies, short circuit analysis, transient & dynamic stability analysis, protection coordination studies, earthing design and electromagnetic transient analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated capability to complete projects on-time and on-budget as either individual contributor or project manager
- Proficiency with office productivity software e.g. MS Office, Visio, MS Project.
- Ability to motivate and influence individuals and teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills suitable for making presentations to internal and external business customers, and for supporting GE executive external communications, an additional Language (French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese…) is preferred.
- Industry involvement such as IEEE / CIGRE, ASME, AWEA, PE with published papers in one or more technical societies
- Pending or awarded patents
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE only).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.