Website Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
Rector at Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Government Jobs
Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru – The Polytechnic was established by the Edict No 9 of 1991 (as amended) to pursue the objectives of providing instruction, training and research in science, technology, commerce, humanities and management, offering special training in these other related areas with the ultimate purpose of serving the society; and offering courses of Certificate, National Diploma and Higher Diploma Levels.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Zungeru, Niger
Rector at Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru
Table of Contents
- Rector is the Chief Executive. Academic and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic, who is charged with the general responsibility of all matters relating to the day to day management and operation of the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must possess Doctorate Degree (PhD) in the relevant field of the courses offered in the Polytechnic and should belong to a recognized professional body in his/her field of specialization
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic sector.
- Must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years teaching experience, at least five (5) of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must not be more than fifty (55) years of age as of the time of appointment.
- Must demonstrate strong evidence of academic and administrative leadership Initiative and creativity In policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria as well as presentation of papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be morally sound and of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Evidence of Community Service is an added advantage.
Terms of Appointment
- The Rector shall be appointed and shall hold office for a tenure of four (4) years from the date of his/her appointment in the first instance and shall be eligible far re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years, subject to satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service
- The Rector shall have his/her remuneration determined by the Niger State Government.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Fifteen (15) copies of Type-written Application Letters and Photocopies of Credentials with their Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information:
- Full Names with Surname underlined.
- Age, Date arid Place of Birth.
- State of Origin end Local Government Area
- Marital Status.
- Number and Age of Children.
- Name and Address of Next of Kin.
- Current Postal Address, Email and Phone Number(s).
- Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Honours and Distinctions (if any).
- Academic / Scholarly Publications.
- Conferences were attended and papers were presented with dates.
- Work Experience with Dates.
- Present Employment Status and Salary
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (not more than ten PowerPoint slides)
- Extra Curriculum Activities.
- Community Service
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the candidate’s present employer.
Applicants must enclose their Applications in sealed envelopes and indicate the position applied for at the top hand corner on the envelope marked “Confidential” addressed and sent to:
Niger State Polytechnic,
Zungeru, Niger State.
- All Referees’ confidential reports on the applicants in a sealed envelope must be forwarded directly by the Referees to “The Registrar of the Polytechnic”.
- Late applications will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
- Candidates will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other credentials at the interview, Only eligible candidates will be invited to attend the Interview.
To apply for this job please visit graduatejob.com.ng.