Website Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
Safeguarding Advisor at Sightsavers Nigeria, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safeguarding Advisor
Job ID: 2023-1247
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract – Renewable
Category: Governance Legal and Assurance
Safeguarding Advisor at Sightsavers Nigeria
The Safeguarding Advisor position is vital to effective safeguarding at Sightsavers, as the demands on safeguarding as a function continue to grow. Key duties will involve:
- Designing safeguarding elements for bids and identifying safeguarding risks
- Acting as the safeguarding lead on new consortiums and projects where Sightsavers acts as the lead
- Creating and facilitating safeguarding training
- Capacity building on safeguarding
- Identifying safeguarding risks
- This is an involved role so please read the full job description for further details by following the application link.
We are looking for an individual who is
- Experienced working in an international development or humanitarian setting, particularly in Africa.
- Experienced in running training and an understanding of the increased risks faced by children and adults with disabilities
- Experienced in safeguarding investigation or investigation management
- Able to bring a contextual understanding of working on safeguarding and child protection in Africa and provide support to our Designated Safeguarding Leads in Africa
- Fluent in English and able to deliver effective training
- Able to help design and run safeguarding training and action plans with our partners.
- Able to travel internationally for a few short trips per year.
- Sightsavers offers a supportive and inclusive work environment. Specific benefits and local terms and conditions apply to each location and these will be shared in advance of interviews.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers-sightsavers.icims.com.