Website Oando Plc
Oando Plc Recruitment System Administrator, Qualified candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs.
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology & Services
Oando Plc Recruitment System Administrator
Table of Contents
About the Job
- Design, implement, and support Windows Infrastructure.
- Administration of VMWare infrastructure, performing patches, system upgrades. Engineering, integrating, designing and deploying various Windows components.
- Operating systems; Windows system administration (Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, Windows Server, SCCM), Citrix (Netscaler, XenApp and XenDesktop), VMWare, enterprise backup and recovery procedures.
- SAN administration, provisioning, system performance monitoring tools; Project Management.
Overall Purpose of Job
- The Systems Administrator is responsible for technical design, planning, implementation and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission-critical operating platforms.
- He/She shall serve as a technical expert in the area of enterprise systems and storage administration, database tuning, and daily administration of messaging and collaboration services
- Maintain the enterprise messaging and collaboration platforms and carry out regular system performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating system management
- Manage Enterprise Operating Systems which include Windows, UNIX, Solaris and Linux
- Investigate and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications for major system upgrades and minor performance improvement programmes
- Perform technical research and development to guide Oando platform and operating system strategy
- Provide technical support to the projects team in the initiation, feasibility assessment and operation phases of Solution Development
- Perform technical analysis and ensure operation of business application platforms conform to best practices, pre-defined policies and procedures
- Perform daily system monitoring, verification of the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, windows operating systems and enterprise messaging platforms
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes and/or disks
- Establish and maintain diverse data communications links, VPN connections and remote access needs
- Maintain enterprise storage area network (SAN) environment ensuring the availability and performance aligns to IT service requirements
- Install, configure, test, and maintain hardware including personal computers, servers, printers, and other peripherals
- Implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Work to ensure that the department meet and exceeds user expectations as regards system services in line with SLAs
- Utilize various system-monitoring tools to monitor messaging and collaboration services and to identify and correct issues as they arise
- Evaluate vendor products in hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment and recommend purchases consistent with the organization’s short and long term objectives
- Proactively researches, analyzes, identifies and resolves trends of utilization or errors and implement appropriate performance tuning remedies
- Support the Service Delivery Head in developing, reviewing and implementing policies, standards and procedures to ensure the integrity and safety of information systems
- Performs 2nd level troubleshooting and support functions across messaging, collaboration and operating system installation and service problems
- Contribute to and maintain operations documentation, including configuration data, change requests, installation procedures, knowledge base articles, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), network diagrams, and test plans
- Collaborate with peers in IT (Network, Systems and Applications Support) to ensure the reliability of the enterprise servers and data environment
- Collaborate in assessing current and expected Windows infrastructure needs; configuration; maintenance; optimization and documentation of infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the IT Service Delivery Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
- %age of service availability per SLA negotiated
- Uptime of enterprise systems and services
- Quality of technical advice and solutions to systems problems and issues
- % reduction in service failure within the financial year
- Quality of disaster recovery procedures/contingency plans
- Time is taken to resolve calls
- Safety of information on a corporate database
- Mean Time to resolve calls
- Quality and completeness of system design
- Teamwork displayed
- Completeness and effectiveness of procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related area
- 8 years cognate work experience in a reputable organization/institution
- 5yrs Systems planning & design Background
- Microsoft Certified Expert in Windows, Exchange, and SQL platforms
- Expertise in Enterprise Storage, Cloud and Database (SQL) Administration
- Proficient in programming languages, backup and recovery procedures, complex systems design
- Extensive Active Directory design, administration and Policy enforcement
- Project Management is an added advantage
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Managing large scale Citrix/2X/Terminal Server installations
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Products Knowledge
- Enterprise Systems Administration
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft messaging and collaboration
- Experienced with Windows client operating systems
- Proficient in Shell Scripting
- Hardware for Enterprise Systems
- Enterprise Operating Systems administration expertise
- Sound knowledge of enterprise web conference solutions
- Excellent technical support documentation skills
- A very good working knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Customer Focus/Service Orientation
- Problem-solving, Quality Focus, Technical Understanding
- Oral and Written Communication
- Project Management
- Database Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.