Website Plan International
Stabilization Centre Coordinator at Plan International, Qualified Candidates should Apply. Click for more Jobs
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stabilization Centre Coordinator
Location: Bursari LGA, Yobe State
Contract Duration: 4months
Stabilization Centre Coordinator at Plan International
- The position holder is overall responsible to lead the Therapeutic Feeding Unit (TFU)/stabilization centre component of Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) implementation in the LGA and working closely with the LGA government health workers, and SC colleagues for the effective implementation and linkage of CMAM program with the community and facility. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide consistent and high-quality technical support in relation to CMAM implementation and will assist CMAM officers, and other staff in the LGA to build a strong CMAM implementation package.
Dimensions of the Role
- The incumbent will be over all responsible for diagnosing complicated SAM case using physical examinations and different laboratory tests in Bursari general hospital SC site in collaboration with other plan International nutrition staff and Hospital management board (HMB) staff.
- Based on their findings, prescribe required treatment and medications to attempt to heal any illnesses or injuries as per SAM inpatient management protocol of Nigeria and World Health Organization.
- Examines patients/clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Administers and prescribes drugs based on analysis of examination, test reports, and findings and counseling services as per National and WHO SAM inpatient management protocol.
- Manages the project unit’s implementation of the nutrition program in agreement with the overall CMAM Program activities specially Stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit and the National manual in the management of SAM,
- Makes sure that stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit is implemented according to the National protocol and WHO guideline i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, complication treatment, therapeutic feeding, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products (f75, F100 and RUTF) and drugs for program implementation in SC
- Plan and organize SC activity at designated SC sites in liaison with State Ministry of Health staff and other nutrition staff.
- Work closely with the Nurses and other SC staff to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP and SC sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing OTP for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at OTP level.
- Ensure the multi-chart/inpatient card has properly filled and monitored and corrective action has taken on daily basis.
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities participate in the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in SC are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to further investigation and management.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Provide key Nutrition and Health education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the SC sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly.
- Provide a daily/weekly and Monthly CMAM report to the nutrition coordinator and nutrition specialist.
- Upholds the image and values of Plan international Nigeria at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required, like control and facilitation of vehicle movement within the project area in the field Prepare and submit regular monthly and quarterly logistic activity reports to the project/office managers;
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) with experience in emergency nutrition response speciality on complicated SAM management in Stabilization centre and clinical experience in Under five children illness Diagnosis and treatment in hospital
- Over two (2) years’ experience in complicated SAM case management in SC and CMAM programmes
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Yobe State are encouraged to apply
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time and within the stipulated quality.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.