It is golden to understand best side hustle jobs you can do even while at that monthly paid job. An Igbo proverb says “our thing” doesn’t mean “my thing”. I choose to start with this popular Igbo adage so you will understand this write up.
First, it is important to know that everyone doesn’t have to become an entrepreneur or own a business of theirs. But everyone who wants to be wealthy even as an entrepreneur or an employee must have ideas on how to generate wealth. Wealth can never be built on just one stream of income that is why you hear rich men boasting of their numerous streams of income. And as an employee, you must understand this principle. Which leads me back to my Igbo Adage “Our thing does mean my thing” Your job is only momentarily, you don’t own it.
One day you either be throw out or have a need to change. You will never remain there forever, and if you don’t act now that those paychecks still come monthly, it will become difficult when they stop coming. This write up is to help you see the need to start a side hustle. I will be introducing to you, 10 of my best side hustle jobs where you can make extra cash.
What makes them the Best side hustle jobs?
This probably will be the question you might be asking yourself now. –Smile-,
Here are the reasons why I consider them the best side hustle you can engage in
- Easy to start: This side hustles are very easy to start. Easy means you don’t require much to kick up. You need just the basic knowledge to start these jobs, and with it, you can grow your knowledge as you grow any of these side hustle.
- Little or no Capital: Here is the good thing about these side hustles and what makes them the best. They require little or no capital to kick start. Having a basic knowledge and knowing what to do is enough for some of this side hustle jobs.
- Can be done anywhere: I understand you are an employee and want to make some extra cash without losing focus on your job or probably do anything that might bring you query or termination at the workplace. No! That is not our motive. And that is also the reason why we have compiled this best side hustle jobs that won’t hinder you from performing your normal job duties right. It is a win-win situation and more cash in the bank. These side hustles can be done anywhere and anytime. All you do is set your preference right.
- Massive ROI: Yes you read it well, the return of Invest is huge. Some of this side hustle can lead you to start a business of yours if you so wish to. The benefits are enormous.
So you can now understand why I say they are the best side hustle jobs you can engage in.
10 Best Side Hustle Jobs for Extra Money
After successfully stating the reasons why these jobs are best side hustle job I think it is time to go into details.
1. Start a Youtube channel
This seems the easiest of all to start without much stress or capital. To start a youtube channel all you need is your phone, tripod and a ring light for a comfort start if you understand your smartphone very well you can even do without the tripod and lightening. Now to show you how easy this is to start, you can also decide to create animation video with tools such as Soapbox, Loom, Renderforest, Animaker, iMovie, movie maker, and other video editing app for your phones and system. You can check out this youtube channel for more insight on how to go about animation video. Do well to like, share, comment and subscribe.
Youtube requires consistency, patient and time. If you do it right you will earn well with this side hustle. To start, get a good niche where you are certain you do build an audience easily. Get a niche that will attract people. Create great video contents and share the link on social media. Gradually learn how to reach more people, improve on your SEO. This is also a great way to scale up on the youtube channel and get your video to reach more audience.
All you need to open a youtube account is just your google mail. Ones you create a Gmail you automatically have access to create a YouTube account.
2. Start a blog.
Blogging just like youtube also pays well, you need an understanding of the niche you want to go to. Can you regularly create a blog post on that niche? All this matter. Blogging allows you to build a brand as well as be in control of your asset.
For blogging, you need to start by having a domain name which will cost you a little amount of money and also a hosting platform. For those who don’t have the money you can as well decide to start blogging with blogger, blogger enables you to have a domain name and host, all for free. Starting a blog will require you to have a particular niche you can write about. It could be your passion or something you know that will attract your audience and you are good at it.
You can also make extra cash by monetizing your blog in several ways such as:
- Through Adsense. Google ads are always the best choice for any blogger or YouTuber
- Creating and selling your product on your blog,
- Through Sponsored Post. When you have a huge number of audience visiting your blog site or youtube you are likely to have individuals, business comes to advertise their product with you. This is a cool way to earn cash
- E-book. This will go well with the blog site, however, YouTuber too does it and it earns them money.
- Adding a store link.
3. Go into Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping over the years has proven to be one of the best ways to earn money online. As an employee, this is something you need to do for extra income even why working. Dropshipping is an online business that enables you to sell your products to the customer online without having to buy any inventory.
One good thing about Dropshipping is that you don’t even need to see the customer, you get products from the manufacture or seller and place on your store a buyer buys and the seller ships it directly and you make your money. Another beautiful thing is that it is not costly to start. All you need to do is focus on marketing and customer service this is the lifeline of this business. Dropshipping pays well though depending on the effort you put in and also your knowledge on marketing as well as customer services will help you in this business. Shopify is a great place to start your Dropshipping.
4. Become a Freelancer
These days much more can be done online, do you have skills? Such as Web development and design, writings skills, graphics, video editing and others. Then you can also become a freelancer even when working for a job. Monetize your skills online, several platforms have been built for a community of freelance to land their job. Such as Problogger, Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer.com and many more. You must start with Fiverr or Upwork as you are likely to land you first gig easily here. You can use others too.
All that matter is just about how dedicate and hungry you are to get your first job. As a freelancer, you can make about $500 to $3000 monthly depending on how serious you are with the hustle. Ideally, if you are great at what you do, you will always have people coming back to you for more work. As a freelancer, you should also understand customer service and marketing. Treating your clients well goes a long way in helping you make more cash online.
5. Social Media Management
Here you require social media management skills to begin. But hey! don’t be discouraged you can learn this online. With this knowledge, you can start managing small or individual businesses online presence. You can grow this business and in return get extra cash. One of the important parts of using social media to grow business is advertising. It is important to know how to go about it. Facebook alone has over 2.5billion monthly user, Instagram 1billion user, twitter LinkedIn 330million and 660million respectively.
Online is where the market is. Your ability to manage business social media pages and profile will certainly fetch you extra cash. You can start by branding yourself and introducing the brand to businesses and individuals who need your services. A lot of business needs an online presence and grow but don’t know how to go about it. This is an opportunity for you.
6. Social Media Marketing
This is another great side hustle which might cost you a little capital to start. First, you have to determine what you want to market using your social media platforms. If you are the type that loves networking business. This will be a great tool for you. Using your WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook stories to sell your product is what Social media marketing simply means. You can also create some short contents or stories that will attract your readers and convince them to buy your product.
You can learn copywriting skills to boost your content creating skills. Also, apart from the normal text content, one can decide to use video contents, for your information video content performs better than any other content and this is because people prefer to watch than to read. Social media has evolved. These days it is not just chatting, a lot of business can be done. Billions of dollar fly around those platforms make sure you are part of those gaining it.
7. Selling of Information Products
Are you great at making research and good with marketing then you might as well consider selling information products? Similar to blogging, selling information products requires you to invest your time as well as building an excellent marketing strategy to scale through.
Information product simply involves researching or getting a topic that you are well knowledgeable on and creating great content on it to feed people who need such information. One good way to monetize an information product is simply by converting it to an ebook or a course. You can sell it on amazon or Udemy as a course. An information product is a great side hustle as you can earn thousands of dollars providing this service. To gain more, try focusing on the niche with huge audience craving for the solution you can provide with your knowledge on the field.
8. Becoming a Social Media Influencer
Social media has made popularity easy to gain before social media one need to become a singer, actor or sportsperson to gain that fame. But today the story is different with a huge number of followers one can become very famous on Social media. Build brands around what you are knowledgeable about can help you become a social media influencer, ability to brand yourself and providing the solution to people’s problem through content and engagements is key on social media.
An influencer is also a side hustle. Not just a side hustle but a great one and why it made my top ten best side hustles.
You can monetize your social media in so many ways provided you are an influencer, for instance, you are an influence on tweeter you can choose to monetize your account by running sponsored post or selling you products to your followers. Same as Instagram and other social media platforms. Influencer charges for sponsor post and this are how most make their money. Social media influencer is a great side hustle you can start.
To begin, start by focusing on create post consistently on a particular topic.
9. Start Mini Importation
Mini Importation can be a side hustle for you. It is one of the best hustle you can start right away. Mini importation is the sourcing, buying and shipping unique products from another country to your country for sale to your costumers.
Similar to Dropshipping in that it is done online. However, you have to do the delivery yourself through established online selling platforms. It is called mini importation because it majorly involves items that can be easily be held by hand. Not the bulky goods that require cargo shipment. Mini importation is a very profitable side hustle and won’t in any way distract you from your main job. All you need to do is to automate it and you don’t need quitting your job thereby earning from the two streams.
10. Creative Designer.
Well, there is a lot to talk about here. Creative design is now the in-thing. The creative design may be limited just to graphics but in this context, we don’t want to limit it to graphics design alone. Creative design as the name implies means any design that involves creativity. We have the following under this context.
- Interior/Exterior Design: There is a huge market for those with these skills. Every day we have people who want their home to have that decent and beautiful look, you can attract them by posting your works online. Instagram is a great platform for you if you know how to use it.
- Graphics Design: Can you design flyer, logos, cards and other artworks then it can also be a great side hustle for you. You can start by posting your works online. You only need a laptop and knowledge on this field to start. Your customers can even be people from your company where you have your regular pay job.
- Artist: Are you great at drawing portrait, then you already have one of the best side hustle job to start earning cool cash. People these days love to have their portrait hanging in their house. Similar to other, you work on Social media will certainly attract your customers.
- Photography: This is a great and lucrative side hustle. You can sell your shots online stock is one platform for this. We also have other platforms that buy images or where you can upload your images and start earning cool cash.
- Motion Graphics and Animation: This is another side hustle that is gradually taking a huge market for itself. A short video by 2023 will contribute 82.3% of our online content. If you have this skill why not start now market and gaining a customer for yourself.
With a side hustle, you can make some extra cash for yourself on daily, weekly or monthly bases. Apart from the extra cash, a side hustle can also be a source of inspiration for you to develop your skills and become an expert in it as well as learning new skills. You can also build your brand or portfolio with it why working to achieve financial stability. Take the risk now, and grow your wealth even as an employee. With Side hustle you can plan for your future, you can finally chase that passion and make that extra cash. Now is the right time nothing can stop you if you don’t stop yourself.
- Ericsson Nigeria Recruitment 2020
- Graduate Jobs in Kano – 2020
- Jobs In Lagos; How to Get the Job
- UBA Recruitment 2020/2021 Latest Job Openings
- Sterling Bank Recruitment 2020
- ECOWAS Recruitment 2020 | How to Apply
- NPower Test Timetable 2020
- Latest Federal Government Jobs in Nigeria
- eHealth4everyone Recruitment
- Microsoft Recruitment | 2020 Job Openings
- SPIE Oil & Gas Services Recruitment 2020
- Urgent Jobs in Port Harcourt 2020
- How to Crack KPMG Interview Questions and Get the Job
- UAC of Nigeria Plc Recruitment